The inimitable, classic The Eugenia is a late 19th Century Colonial styled hotel reminiscent of an old world charm from a bygone era. The all-suite hotel is well appointed with antique furniture showcased over dark wooden floor boards. The suites feature classic 4-poster beds and bath times in the ensuite bathrooms are enjoyed in vintage, free-standing bathtubs fashioned in either aluminum or copper.
The swimming pool and the Thai sala are set in the rear courtyard; the entire pool area harkens back to a more leisurely time where people of taste sipped tea or coffee and partook of the finest delectable fares under swaying palm trees on balmy sub-tropical evenings.
The D.B. Bradley Dining Room is the venue of choice to enjoy long, romantic dinners of gourmet meals with paired wines or even, for an intimate wedding reception amongst a small group of family members and close friends. At Zheng He Lounge and the nearby pool, the relaxed ambience provides the casual setting for long conversations over fine teas, cigars and wines, or for a fashion or product launch. Complimentary Wi-Fi is offered throughout the hotel and a Tuk-tuk shuttle service is provided to Asoke BTS Station.
Staying at The Eugenia is an experience anything but ordinary.
What we loved:
- Every room is individual and decorated with genuine antiques
- Breakfast is served whenever you are ready
- The stunning jade tiled swimming pool
- Fleet of vintage cars to shuttle you around the city in style
- Relaxed atmosphere, where lounge and library feel like an extension of your room
- 3 day braised lamb shank at DB Bradley Restaurant
- Free international phone calls
- No check-in or out times
What you should know:
- Located on a quiet soi, 15 minutes walk from Sukhumvit and the MRT and BTS
- Free Tuk Tuk shuttle to Asoke and Sukhumvit stations
- Quirky design that may not be suited to everyone
- 24 hour butler service available
- Despite the vintage feel, modern touches like Wi-Fi, TVs and fridges in all the rooms