Privacy & Copyright
At LateStays.com, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of any personally identifiable information ("PII") you provide us. PII includes information that can be linked to a specific individual, such as name, address, phone number, or email address.
- What information we collect
- In an effort to keep our service as simple and easy to use as possible we do not create, use or store profiles of our customers. We only record PII and other information that we reasonably require to do business with you. more info
- How we use your information
- We use your PII only for the purpose of responding to and fulfilling your requests for our products and services. more info
- Who we share your information with
- We do not disclose any information about customer bookings to anyone for purposes which are not related to your booking or the delivery of our services to you. more info
- How you control and access your information
- We believe that site visitors and customers should have control over the collection and use of their PII more info
- How we protect your information
- To ensure the confidentiality of your PII, we use leading security technology and procedures that are regularly reviewed and updated. more info
In an effort to keep our service as simple and easy to use as possible, we do not create, use or store profiles of our customers. We only record PII and other information that we reasonably require to do business with you. On all our web pages that collect PII, we specifically describe what information is required in order to provide you with the product or service you request.
We collect PII when you:
- Make a booking
We collect your full name, email address and phone number each time you make a booking on our site. We will also collect credit card information, including card number, card type, security number, cardholder name, billing address and expiry date to pay for accommodation purchased through our site.
- Subscribe to our newsletter
We use your email address when you make a booking on our site or request a downloadable travel guide to subscribe you to our AsiaWebDirect newsletter. You are free to unsubscribe to our newsletter at any time (see below for how to unsubscribe).
- Surveys, promotions and competition information
Occasionally, We may offer site visitors or newsletter recipients an opportunity to participate in a survey, promotion or competition. The PII we collect when you participate in a survey, promotion or competition may include your full name, email address, telephone number and street address.
- Contact with us
We collect PII such as your full name, email address and/or telephone number whenever you submit an enquiry or suggestion, or request assistance with a booking.
Other information we collect:
- Statistical information
When you visit our site, we record general information about your visit for statistical purposes. These statistics do not contain any PII.
- IP address
When you visit our site our web server automatically records the IP address of your computer (location on the Internet) to assist with fraud protection.
We may, from time to time, use "cookies" to store your preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access our web pages. We collect information on the web pages visited by our customers to help us continue to improve our services.
You can delete cookies from your computer at any time (see your internet browser's help menu for more information); however, this will remove all cookies and not just those associated with our site. You can individually remove a cookie that connects a property to your shortlist by clicking the remove option when the property appears in your shortlist.
We use your PII only for the purpose of responding to and fulfilling your requests for our products and services. Information collected on our site may be used to:
- Purchase of products or services
Information collected when you purchase from us is used to charge your credit card and deliver your booking confirmation electronically. We may also contact you about your stay for customer service purposes or to make any changes or cancellations to your booking.
- Send newsletter email
We will only send newsletters to people that have opted in to receive them. Our newsletters provide information about the latest deals available on our website, and occassionally offer incentives for completing surveys or participating in competitions or promotions.
- Communications with you
We will use your email address and/or telephone number to contact you when you submit a question or suggestion or if we have a need to contact you in connection with your booking.We may use your email address and booking information to inform you of additional services and special offers, and to build features that will make the service easier and more personalized for you to use. At your request, we will not send any information or offers unrelated to your specific booking. At your request, we will send your booking information to your email address or other nominated contact method subject to our customer identity verification procedures being satisfied.
- Fraud protection
We may pass on your credit card information and IP address to our fraud screening services provider to assist with protecting against fraud.
We do not disclose any information about customer bookings to anyone except in the following circumstances:
- Accommodation suppliers
We provide the guest name, telephone number and email address for each booking made to the relevant accommodation supplier. Our accommodation suppliers require this information for the booking and may use it if they need to contact you about the booking. We may also pass on your credit card information via a secure password protected page to the accommodation supplier solely for purposes of guaranteeing your booking or for the supplier to charge part of the booking amount (if applicable).
- Payment processing
We pass on through the secure payment gateway your credit card information and billing address to the bank which processes your payment. We may pass on your credit card information and IP address (location on the Internet) to our fraud screening service provider.
- Company group members
- Legal obligations
We may be required by law to disclose information you provide to us. We may also disclose information against someone who poses a threat to our interests (such as customer fraud) or whose activities could cause harm to others.
We believe that site visitors and customers should have control over the collection and use of their PII. Here's how you can control and have access to your information:
- Newsletter subscription and unsubscription
If at any time you would like to either change your email address with us or unsubscribe from our newsletter you can:
- Go to the "Newsletter" section of our site from the home page and follow the instructions to change your email address or unsubscribe; or
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org advising that you would like to unsubscribe or change your email address. Be sure to include details of your old and new email addresses for changes.
- Booking information
If at any time you would like to alter the PII you provided us in your booking, please contact us.
- Remember my details for next time
If at any time you would like us to stop remembering your details for the next time you book, untick "Remember my details for next time" the next time you make a booking, or contact us.
If at any time you want to enquire about any of your PII that we store, please contact us.
To ensure the confidentiality of your PII, we use leading security technology and procedures that are regularly reviewed and updated.
We have also obtained a digital certificate from the VeriSign group, an industry leader in the protection and management of data transmission.
Our systems are configured with industry standard data encryption and firewall technology. When you send PII to us over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Our Copyright Complaint Policy
1. Infringement notification
At LateStays.com we respect the copyrights of others. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by us infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a written notice that includes the information listed below.
Please provide the following information in the following format:
- A clear identification of the copyrighted work you claim was infringed.
- A clear identification of the material you claim is infringing the copyrighted work, and information that will allow us to locate that material on the Website, such as a link to the infringing material.
- Your contact information so that we can reply to your complaint, preferably including an email address and telephone number.
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that the material that is claimed as copyright infringement is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and I am the copyright owner, or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- The notice must be signed by the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of claims of copyright infringement on this website should be emailed to email@example.com for the fastest resolution.
You may also send us your notice using the contact information below:
- LateStays.com c/o The Legal Department, 7 Baroona Road, Milton, QLD, AUSTRALIA 4064
- Fax number: +61 7 3512 9914
- All correspondence must be written in English.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorney’s fees) if you make a false claim of copyright infringement.
We will review and address all notices that comply with the requirements above. Please note that we will not process your complaint if it is not properly filled out or if any of the above information is incomplete.
2. Repeat Infringer Policy
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, subscribers or account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also limit access to the Site and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement. If you believe that an account holder or subscriber is a repeat infringer, please provide information sufficient for us to verify this, when filling out your notice. If this Policy is translated into another language and a discrepancy arises between this Policy and the translation thereto, the English language text shall prevail.